A good looking lawn begins with high-quality equipment for cutting it. We maintain our equipment to provide the best lawn care service for our customers in the Annapolis area. We provide all types of grass cutting services and edging of driveways, sidewalks, and landscaping beds. When we are done, we clean up well and blow all of the clippings off your driveway and sidewalk. Learn More
Weekly Grass Cutting Services
We offer weekly landscaping services to Annapolis and the surrounding areas, including Kent Island.
Welcome to Paradise Landscape and Hardscapes! We provide exceptional lawn care service for commercial properties, HOAs and homeowners in Anne Arundel County MD. We know lawn care and how to get professional, beautiful results all year round. Paradise Landscape & Hardscape, LLC is the #1 landscaping company in Annapolis, MD and offers a wide variety of landscape services to help keep your home happy and healthy all year long so you can enjoy your spring and summer without slaving away in the hot sun so you can enjoy living! From trimming and pruning to total lawn care and property maintenance during the growing season, we have the team of Annapolis landscape professionals here for you to put your mind at ease. A few of our lawn care services are:
- Weekly Lawn Mowing Services
- Customized Fertilization Programs
- Sod Installation
- Complete Lawn Restoration
Team Paradise has the education, experience and expertise to bring your home to life. We offer a wide variety of full range services such as: landscaping services, lawn care and maintenance services, complete yard restoration, lawn clean-up, weekly lawn mowing services, storm clean-up, plant and tree installation, mulching and weeding, leaf removal, snow removal and hardscape installations such as paver driveways and walkways, lighting, waterfall units, fire pits and more!
Our team has designed and maintained a wide variety of stunning outdoor spaces, ensuring a seamless transition from the lawn and garden to the walkways, landings, patios, and decks. The result is an exceptional outdoor living experience that doesn’t come with exorbitant costs.
At Paradise Landscape and Hardscape, we offer a comprehensive range of services to cater to all your landscaping requirements. From basic lawn and landscape maintenance to transformative design-build projects, including the installation of pools, decks, and outdoor structures, our expertise knows no bounds. Regardless of any challenges or space limitations, our experienced team will deliver precisely what you’re looking for and more.
- Paver Patios, Driveways, Walkways
- Wood & Stone Retaining Walls, Block Walls
- Pondless Waterfalls
- Pool Waterfalls
- Outdoor Living Spaces
- Drainage Solutions
- Stone Veneer (Chimneys, Foundations, Fire Places, Retaining Walls)
- Cut Bluestone Patios & Walkways
- We also repair sagging or uneven patios and driveways!
We’ve hunted, researched, and looked over the patterns and decided to share our insights with you for landscape design trends this year! The biggest themes we’ve seen repeat are a renewed focus on mental health, more demand for sustainability, and a blurring of lines between indoor and outdoor design. While there are tons of design trend forecasts and industry speculations, we think these ten trends are the ones that will make the biggest impact for the coming year.
We hope to provide some inspiration to start planning how to transform your landscape and outdoor living space into the dreamiest oasis ever.
Our decades of experience have taught us that every project is unique. No matter how large or small the scope of work is, our goal remains the same – to ensure that each customer is happy. Every member of our team consistently provides professionalism, reliable construction, and top-notch quality to exceed your expectations. In fact, you’ll see me on every jobsite! My passion for perfection is what keeps our companies’ standards of excellence set so high! I truly love what I do — let Team Paradise to your dirty work.
Team Paradise would love to connect with you this year! We have the education, experience and expertise to bring your space to life in addition to offering a wide variety of other full range of Annapolis landscaping services such as: lawn care and maintenance services, complete yard restoration, lawn clean-up, storm clean-up, plant and tree installation, mulching and weeding, leaf removal, snow removal and hardscape installations such as paver driveways and walkways, lighting, waterfall units, fire pits and more!
Lawn Care Services
Lighting and Drainage
What are the most common grass types in Annapolis, MD?
The most common type of grass in Annapolis, MD, is tall fescue. Tall fescue is a cool-season grass known for its adaptability to a wide range of soil types and its ability to grow in both sun and shade. It is a popular choice for lawns in the mid-Atlantic region, including Annapolis, because of its durability and resistance to drought and disease. Other grass species that can also be found in Annapolis include Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, and fine fescue. However, tall fescue is generally the most widely used grass type in the area.
What is dethatching?
Dethatching, also known as scarification, is a process that involves removing the layer of dead grass, moss, and other organic debris that accumulates between the soil surface and the green grass blades. This layer, known as thatch, comprises decomposed plant materials like dead roots, stems, and leaves. While a thin layer of thatch can benefit a lawn, excessive thatch buildup can cause various problems.
To learn more about dethatching your yard, read our blog post by clicking here.
What are the most common weeds found in Annapolis, MD?
Several weed types are commonly found in Annapolis, MD. Some of the most common ones include:
- Crabgrass – Crabgrass is an annual grass weed that can quickly take over a lawn in the summer months. It germinates in the spring and proliferates in warm weather.
- Dandelion – Dandelions are perennial weeds with bright yellow flowers that produce a fluffy white seed head. They are very common in lawns and can spread quickly.
- Broadleaf Plantain – Broadleaf plantain is a perennial weed that forms a rosette of leaves close to the ground. It has tall spikes that produce small green or brown flowers.
- Clover – Clover is a perennial weed with three-part leaves and small white or pink flowers. It spreads rapidly and can quickly take over a lawn if left unchecked.
- Annual Bluegrass – Annual bluegrass is a common weed that can thrive in compacted soil and poorly drained areas. It is light green and produces small seed heads that can quickly spread.
- Henbit – Henbit is an annual winter weed with a purple stem and small pink or purple flowers. It can be found in lawns and gardens throughout the Annapolis area.
- Creeping Charlie – Creeping Charlie, also known as ground ivy, is a perennial weed that grows low to the ground and spreads quickly. It has small purple flowers and a distinct minty smell when crushed.
Many other weed types can be found in Annapolis, but these are some of the most common ones that homeowners may encounter in their lawns and gardens.
Who installs drainage around houses?
In general, drainage around houses can be installed by landscapers like the experts at Paradise Landscape and Hardscapes to help resolve most yard drainage problems. There’s a chance that the drainage problems in a yard are too complicated to tackle solo and require the help of a landscaping professional who has yard drainage solutions. Excavation contractors, and foundation repair specialists may also help.
For example, if you are experiencing issues with surface water runoff or poor grading around your home, Team Paradise can design and install a system of swales, French drains, or other landscape features to redirect water away from your home. On the other hand, if you are experiencing issues with water infiltration into your basement or crawl space, a foundation repair specialist or excavation contractor may be needed to install more extensive drainage systems like sump pumps, exterior drain tile systems, or waterproof membranes.
Are dandelions weeds?
Unveiling the Characteristics of Dandelions: Perennial Weeds with Deep Taproots
Dandelions (Taraxacum officinale) are persistent perennial weeds that commonly invade lawns, landscape ornamental beds, and nurseries. One notable feature of dandelions is their deep taproot, which poses a challenge for manual removal once the plants are established. The leaves of dandelions grow in a basal rosette, adding to their distinctive appearance. Let’s delve deeper into the intriguing traits of these tenacious plants.
To read more about dandelions, click here.
Can you have frost at 40 degrees?
A local study done on frost formation relating temperature to dew point has these guidelines for frost: temperatures from 38 to 42 F can lead to patchy frost, 33 to 37 areas of frost, and 32 and below widespread frost/freeze. Note that the study did not factor in other considerations to frost, such as sky cover and wind speeds.
Source: NOAA and Weather.gov
What is the most common soil type in Annapolis, MD?
The most common soil type in Annapolis, MD, is sandy loam. Sandy loam is a well-draining soil that is a mixture of sand, silt, and clay particles. It is known for its ability to hold moisture while still allowing for good drainage, which is ideal for growing a variety of plants. This type of soil is also easy to work with and is often used as a base for landscaping projects.
Other soil types that can be found in Annapolis include clay loam, silt loam, and loam. Clay loam is a heavy soil that holds water well but can be difficult to work with. Silt loam is a well-draining soil that is a mixture of silt and sand particles. Loam is a mixture of sand, silt, and clay particles and is considered the ideal soil type for most plants.
It’s important to note that soil types can vary within different areas of Annapolis, depending on factors such as topography, drainage, and the history of land use. Therefore, it’s a good idea to have your soil tested before planting to determine its specific characteristics and nutrient content.
What is the proper drainage for a backyard?
Ensure a dry and happy home by giving your back yard drainage system or swale the gift of gravity. A slope of at least 1 percent (1 inch drop for every 10 feet) will help keep water flowing away from your house. And don’t neglect your garden beds – make sure they’re properly graded to avoid any unwanted puddles.
Lawn Aeration Services in Annapolis, MD
Lawn aeration is a common lawn care practice in Annapolis, MD, as it can help promote healthy grass growth and improve the overall appearance of your lawn. Aeration involves perforating the soil with small holes to allow air, water, and nutrients to reach the grass roots more easily. The best time to aerate your lawn in Annapolis is during the growing season, typically from mid-spring to early fall.
We offer several methods of lawn aeration that you can choose from, including spike aeration and core aeration. Spike aeration involves using a machine to poke holes in the soil, while core aeration removes small plugs of soil from the lawn. Core aeration is generally considered more effective than spike aeration, as it creates larger holes in the soil and allows for better water and nutrient absorption.
If you’re considering lawn aeration in Annapolis, it’s important to note that different types of grass may have different requirements for aeration. For example, cool-season grasses like tall fescue typically benefit from fall aeration, while warm-season grasses like Bermuda grass should be aerated in the spring or early summer. Additionally, you may consider overseeding your lawn after aeration to help fill in bare spots and promote thicker, healthier grass growth.
What services do professional landscapers in Annapolis, MD offer?
Professional landscapers in Annapolis, MD, offer a wide range of services to enhance the beauty and functionality of outdoor spaces. Some common services provided by professional landscapers in Annapolis include:
- Landscape Design: Professional landscapers can help you design a customized landscape plan that suits your preferences, property layout, and environmental factors. They consider elements like plant selection, hardscaping features, and overall aesthetics to create a cohesive and visually appealing outdoor space.
- Lawn Care and Maintenance: Landscapers can assist with regular lawn maintenance tasks such as mowing, edging, fertilizing, and aerating. They ensure your lawn remains healthy, green, and well-manicured throughout the year.
- Planting and Garden Bed Design: Landscapers have expertise in selecting and planting various types of trees, shrubs, flowers, and other plants to create beautiful garden beds. They can advise on the appropriate plants for your location, considering factors like sunlight, soil conditions, and maintenance requirements.
- Irrigation System Installation and Maintenance: Professionals can design and install irrigation systems to ensure proper watering of your landscape. They may suggest options like sprinkler systems, drip irrigation, or smart irrigation controllers that optimize water usage and promote plant health. Landscapers can also provide regular maintenance and repairs for existing irrigation systems.
- Hardscaping and Outdoor Living Spaces: Landscapers can create functional and aesthetically pleasing hardscape features like patios, walkways, retaining walls, decks, and outdoor kitchens. They have the expertise to select appropriate materials, design layouts, and construct these features to enhance your outdoor living experience.
- Landscape Lighting: Professionals can design and install outdoor lighting systems that highlight the beauty of your landscape and improve safety and security. They can strategically place lighting fixtures to accentuate architectural features, plants, and pathways.
- Seasonal Cleanup and Maintenance: Landscapers offer services to prepare your landscape for different seasons. This may include leaf removal, pruning, winterizing plants, and preparing the landscape for spring growth.
- Pest and Weed Control: Professionals can help identify and address common pest and weed problems in your landscape. They may recommend environmentally friendly solutions to control pests and prevent weed growth without harming the plants or the surrounding ecosystem.
- Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Practices: Many professional landscapers in Annapolis prioritize eco-friendly practices. They can advise on water conservation, native plant selection, composting, and other sustainable landscaping techniques.
What are some eco-friendly landscaping practices I can adopt in Annapolis, MD?
In Annapolis, MD, you can adopt several eco-friendly landscaping practices to promote sustainability and reduce the environmental impact of your outdoor space. Here are some recommendations:
- Native Plant Selection: Choose native plants that are well-adapted to the local climate and require minimal water, fertilizers, and pesticides. Native plants are often more resistant to local pests and diseases, which reduces the need for chemical interventions.
- Water Conservation: Implement water-saving techniques, such as installing a rainwater harvesting system to collect rainwater for irrigation. Consider using drip irrigation or smart irrigation controllers that adjust watering schedules based on weather conditions and soil moisture levels. This helps minimize water waste and promotes efficient water usage.
- Mulching: Apply organic mulch, such as wood chips or shredded leaves, around your plants and garden beds. Mulching helps retain moisture in the soil, suppresses weed growth, and improves soil health. It also reduces the need for excessive watering and the use of herbicides.
- Composting: Start a composting system to recycle organic waste from your kitchen and yard. Compost can be used as a natural fertilizer, enriching the soil with essential nutrients and improving its structure. By composting, you reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills while nourishing your landscape in an eco-friendly manner.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Practice IPM techniques to manage pests effectively while minimizing the use of chemical pesticides. This approach involves monitoring and identifying pests, promoting beneficial insects, implementing physical barriers, and using organic pest control methods as a last resort.
- Lawn Care Practices: Adjust lawn care practices to promote healthier, more sustainable lawns. Set your lawn mower blade at a higher setting to encourage deeper root growth, which improves drought resistance. Leave grass clippings on the lawn to provide natural nutrients and reduce the need for chemical fertilizers.
- Energy-Efficient Outdoor Lighting: Opt for energy-efficient outdoor lighting options, such as LED fixtures, which consume less electricity and have a longer lifespan. Install timers or motion sensors to minimize unnecessary use of outdoor lights.
- Wildlife-Friendly Landscaping: Create habitats that attract and support local wildlife. Incorporate bird feeders, birdbaths, and native plants that provide food and shelter for birds, butterflies, and beneficial insects. Avoid using chemical pesticides that can harm pollinators and other healthy wildlife.
- Sustainable Material Choices: When adding hardscape features, choose environmentally friendly materials like permeable pavers that allow rainwater to infiltrate the soil, reducing stormwater runoff. Use reclaimed or recycled materials for decking, furniture, and other outdoor structures whenever possible.
- By adopting these eco-friendly landscaping practices, you can conserve resources, protect the local environment, and create a more sustainable and beautiful outdoor space in Annapolis, MD.
What type of grass is best for lawns in Annapolis, MD?
In Annapolis, MD, several grass species thrive well in the region’s climate and growing conditions. The most common grass types suitable for lawns in Annapolis include:
- Tall Fescue: Tall fescue is a popular cool-season grass that performs well in the transitional climate of Annapolis. It has excellent drought tolerance and retains its green color even during summer. Tall fescue is known for its coarse texture and ability to withstand heavy foot traffic.
- Kentucky Bluegrass: Kentucky bluegrass is another cool-season grass option that adapts well to the Annapolis area. It forms a dense, lush lawn with a fine texture and beautiful dark green color. Kentucky bluegrass requires regular watering and fertilization to maintain its health and appearance.
- Perennial Ryegrass: Perennial ryegrass is often used with other grass species, particularly in overseeding mixtures. It establishes quickly, has a fine texture, and provides good tolerance to foot traffic. Perennial ryegrass is known for its ability to create a visually appealing lawn.
When choosing the best grass type for your lawn in Annapolis, consider factors such as the sunlight your lawn receives, soil conditions, and lawn maintenance preferences. It’s also advisable to consult with local lawn care professionals like Paradise Landscapes and Hardscapes! We know the specific challenges and needs of lawns and have decades of experience to help you have a healthy and lush lawn in Annapolis, MD. We are happy to help you select the most suitable grass species for your yard.
What is a Living Wall?
A living wall, also known as a green wall or vertical garden, is a wall or vertical surface covered in living plants. It is a form of urban gardening and green infrastructure that brings vegetation into built environments. These incredible walls are like nature’s masterpieces, offering a splendid array of benefits that captivate the senses and invigorate the spaces they adorn. They are not mere walls but enchanting gateways to a world teeming with possibilities. With a living wall, you embrace a profound connection to nature, inviting its soothing presence into your daily life.
Read our full article on Living Walls, here.
Native plants Annapolis
Selecting the right plants is the essence of a successful garden. In Annapolis, where climate and soil play a vital role, the use of native plants can transform your garden into a thriving ecosystem. Paradise Landscapes and Hardscapes specializes in designing gardens that feature indigenous flora, ensuring minimal maintenance and a stronger connection with local wildlife. To learn more, visit this blog post: A Guide To Native Plants and Elements in Annapolis
Is lawn aeration neccessary?
While lawn aeration is highly beneficial, it’s important to consider the timing and frequency based on your specific lawn’s needs and local climate conditions. Fall and spring are typically the best times for aeration, but consulting with a professional or doing a soil test can provide personalized recommendations. Lawn aeration is a crucial component of proper lawn care, ensuring that your grass receives the essential elements it needs to thrive and remain healthy over time.
To learn more, checkout this blog article What Are The Benefits of Lawn Aeration?
I have Paradise Landscape and Hardscape, LLC provide year-round service for Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis, Sheehy Nissan of Annapolis and my home. They are excellent with all their services from mowing the grass, plantings year round, snow removal in the winter etc. If you have a business that needs that professional look year round, or you want your home to be the envy of the neighborhood then call Michael Clautice!”
I was referred to Mike and his company by a close personal friend. The work and dedication him and his crew put into our yard was amazing, and just what we were looking for.
We have had Paradise Landscaping for two major jobs and are considering a third. Michael and his crew are reliable and knowledgeable and fast. He has good ideas and really helped us rearrange trees and bushes on our property in addition to laying a sizeable amount of sod for a good price.