Outdoor Living Spaces and Landscape Design
Do you love spending time outdoors? Whether you’re barbecuing with friends, reading a good book in the sun, or just taking in the fresh air, your backyard is a natural place to relax and enjoy yourself. But what if your backyard could be even better? What if it were an outdoor living space that perfectly matched your lifestyle? With our team of experienced landscape design enthusiasts, we can create the perfect outdoor living space for you! In this blog post, you’ll learn about outdoor living spaces: a magical makeover for your backyard and what our team can do to make your outdoor living spaces and landscape design dreams come true.
Outdoor living spaces create an extension of your home for entertaining, enjoying, and relaxing. Our team constantly strives to improve the outdoor living space concept by using environmentally friendly materials to create a backyard solution that makes you never want to go inside!
Let Paradise Landscapes and Hardscapes Give Your Yard A Magical Makeover
Let us give you a truly “magical makeover” to reflect that outdoor lifestyle that you deserve by turning your backyard into an oasis to enjoy with your friends and family. We’ll create a great design that integrates with your home to amplify and beautify your outdoor garden living space. In fact, great outdoor living landscape designs typically include fireplaces, fire pits, kitchens, and water features combined with the most suitable plants and flowers to fit the personality of your yard.
So what are landscape design services, and what do landscapers do?
A landscape designer or landscaper is a person who designs, plans, and manages the development of gardens, lawns, parks, patios, hardscapes, and other outdoor spaces. Ideally, they work with living plants and building materials to create functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor areas. Furthermore, landscape designers are often interested in horticulture and are knowledgeable about various lawn care specialties, plants, trees, and different types of yard-related diseases.
Paradise Landscapes and Hardscapes, we know that your lawn in the summer heat can look terrible or as if it’s dead grass, but that isn’t always the case, nor does it mean that the grass can’t rebound.
In fact, many people let their grass brown up and return to green on cooler days. Usually, most* lawns consist of cool weather grasses such as:
- Kentucky Bluegrass
- Rye Grass
If you fight to keep your yard green in the summer months, these tips will help ensure your yard stays healthy during the hot heat.
Lawn Care Grass Mowing Tips in The Summer
If you live in Marland, you know that the struggle is real to keep your grass healthy in hot weather during the summer months. Here are a few tips:
- Cut long. Keep it long when you mow your grass on hot days. The usual guideline is never to cut more than one-third of the grass height. You may enhance the roots and tolerance of your grass by allowing it to grow for longer.
- Sharpen mower blades. When you use sharp mower edges on your lawnmower, the grass will heal faster from each cut because dull blades exacerbate the damage.
- Avoid mowing. If you have a lot of shady patches of grass, they may be growing more quickly. It’s ok to cut these back a little more frequently.
- Mulch around trees. Mulching helps conserve moisture and keeps
- Monitor your watering. The best way to see if your lawn is getting enough water is to monitor it yourself. Stick a screwdriver or similar object into the ground to check moisture levels.
- Weed regularly. Weeds compete with grass for vital nutrients, water, and space in the soil. The deeper the roots of weeds grow, the more water they suck up.
- Water in the morning. The heat of the day will evaporate water quickly, so water the lawn early in the morning. Early morning watering allows the soil and roots to soak up more water.
- Don’t fertilize. Grass uses a lot of energy at this time of year, more than it produces. Fertilizing diverts that much-needed energy into new growth. Avoid using fertilizers during the hottest part of the summer because it leads to unnecessary stress.
- Keep foot traffic minimal. For already stressed grass, foot traffic can cause damage, so keeping people off the lawn while the heat persists is good.
We hope those lawncare tips shed a little light on how to help your yard stay healthy this summer so you can enjoy your outdoor living spaces as much as possible. If you need a hand, as always, give us a call or fill out or short form below.
We Design Gorgeous Outdoor Living Spaces in Annapolis, MD
If you live in Annapolis or Anne Arundel County, you know how we cherish our seasons! Why not extend your living space outside? If you have a custom or specific vision for your backyard, we will help make it a reality! At Paradise Landscapes and Hardscapes, we offer a variety of services to create the perfect outdoor living space for you, including:
- Landscaping Design Consultation Services
- Custom Landscape Design Options
- Plant Installation
- Concrete Work and Stone Pavers Installation
- Mulching Services
- Yard Drainage Services
- Custom Plant & Flower Bed Design
- Plant & Flower Selection
- Plant & Flower Bed Installation
- Native Plants & Wildflowers
- Mulch Installation & Top Dressing
- Plant & Flower Bed Maintenance
- Annual Flower Planting
- Seasonal Cleaning & Re-Edging
- Insect & Disease Control
- Seasonal Upkeep
- And much more!
If you’re ready to create your dream outdoor lifestyle and transform your backyard into an oasis, contact us for a free consultation! Call us at (443) 458-5588 or click on our FREE Estimate form below to schedule a lawn care consultation! We always work with you to create a personal custom plan tailored to fit your budget and lifestyle.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!