There is no denying that sod landscaping has become more and more popular in recent years. So what is sod landscaping? Sod lawns are a great way to transform your yard into the kind of beautiful oasis you have always dreamed about without the messiness of conventional landscaping. But, what exactly is sod? Is it like dirt but with grass on top? More or less. The most important thing to know about sod is that it’s all natural, not chemically treated like some other types of artificial turf or synthetic grasses. And because it’s living greenery, this means it needs water and sunlight just as any other plant does!
We provide residential and commercial lawn maintenance and lawn care services, ranging from mowing to fertilization to mulching and more.
Sod lawns can be a great way to spruce up your landscape whether you’re looking for something simple, or something more fun and elaborate. In addition to their general aesthetic appeal, they also provide an incredibly soft padding for any children playing outside in the yard! The benefits of sod landscaping go far beyond just adding some green color around your home.
Sod Lawn Installation Services In Annapolis
A sod lawn entails more than a little hard work. Because sod installation is an investment, you want to be sure that the experts you hire will consider all of the elements that influence success. That’s why we like to keep you updated on our strategy and where we’re at in terms of progress. When our specialists get to your site, we’ll begin these preparation steps:
- Removing old grass and weeds in the soil
- Amending the soil if necessary
- Grading the soil so it’s level and drains well
- Installing the sod with industry best practices
- Setting up irrigation or sprinklers to ensure the sod receives plenty of water
Fresh Sod Care
New sod requires a different care plan than a typical lawn. Don’t allow yourself to be seduced into creating perfect mow lines or having a picnic on your new grass.Follow these sod care tips to ensure your new sod takes root:
- Overwatering is harmful, but never allow the grass to dry out. Water the sod three to four times a day for five to ten minutes three to four times a day for five to ten minutes.
- Avoid watering the sod in the evening.
- For at least two weeks, avoid walking on your new grass.
Every day, water the grass for 30 minutes if necessary, or twice a day if required.
Third Week and On
- If you’re not sure how to care for your lawn, start by mowing it at least once a month. After three weeks, you can run the lawn over with the mower. Maintain a 3/4 head height on the mower deck at all times and never cut more than 1/3 of the grass blades.
- Fertilize your new sod after it has been there for six weeks..
- Sod installation is in investment, and failure often comes from improper care and maintenance. Once the sod is installed, Team Paradise can provide lawn maintenance services to ensure the sod becomes established and looks great for years to come.
Your lawn is one of the most important components of your property, which is why it plays such a big role in its value. When you need residential lawn maintenance, Paradise Landscape and Hardscape can provide trustworthy solutions of the highest quality.